What Would I have to Do to Get my Record Expunged in Florida?

Jacksonville Criminal LawyerWhat would I have to do to get my Criminal Record Expunged in Florida? This question is presented to my numerous times a week and unfortunately, there is not a simply, straightforward answer. So as the cliché attorney answer, “it depends.”

As a Jacksonville Criminal Attorney who handles Florida Record Seals and Record Expunges, the first step is determining if an individual is eligible. This eligibility balances on the adjudication of the offense in question. If you were convicted, you are NOT eligible for a Record Seal or Record Expunge. If your charges were dropped, you would potentially be eligible for a Record Expunge. If your case ended with Adjudication being Withheld, then you would potentially be eligible for a Record Seal.

After determining the Adjudication of your offence, the next step, in my opinion, would be to contact a Jacksonville Criminal Attorney to discuss the process in moving forward. Until then, I will briefly explain the process. First you must get the criminal record from the Clerk of Court in the County in which the offense occurred. Then you must submit the required paperwork to the FDLE who will evaluate your case and make a determination as to your eligibility. If approved, you will be sent a letter of eligibility. At this point, you will have to petition the Court to have your Record sealed or expunged. In my personal experience in dealing with these matters, the process takes between 4 to 6 months.

Although this process can be completed without getting an attorney involved, I would suggest at least consulting an Attorney before setting out on this journey alone. If you have any questions please contact my office and I will be more than happy to answer any and all questions you may have. In addition, I offer FREE consultations for most cases. So don’t wait, Call right now!

If you would like more information regarding Florida Record Seals and Expunction, check out Law Office of David M. Goldman PLLC’s website. If you would like to schedule a FREE consultation with a Jacksonville Criminal Attorney, contact my office directly at 904-685-1200.

Contact Information